As many of you know I had a scheduled induction for Tuesday night at 4:00pm on April 20th. When I got into the hospital that night, I was given the biggest Labor and Delivery room they had, which I was really excited about, because my MIL, Mom and BF and of course DH were planning on being in the room. At about 5:00 that night after getting an IV etc and being checked (I was still 1cm and 80% effaced), I was given the cervidil to soften my cervix. That was to stay in for 12 hours. I did not feel anything for most of the night. At about 1:30am, I woke up Vic and told him I felt very wet. He looked and called the nurse. About 3 nurses came into my room to figure out if my water broke, or if my mucus plug came out etc...The nurses said it was not my water, but I was not convinced. They said it is what is called a bloody show....Shortly after that I started feeling contractions and remember waking back up around 4:30am because the pain was getting worse. A nurse came in around 6am to take out the cervidil and check me, and I only was dilated up to 2cm! I was so disappointed because my contractions were every 2-3 mins apart and they hurt. At around 7:30am I asked for the epideral, the cramping was coming on to frequently and I could not catch a breathe in between. At 8:00am I was given the epideral and pitocin. (I love the epideral). They monitored me for about 30 mins on the epideral because twice my blood pressure dropped so low I almost fainted. (Apparently that was a possible side effect) but once that passed, I felt wonderful. I did not feel a thing. I had visitors come and go, and I was watching the contractions on the monitor but felt nothing. At about 12:30pm Vic decided to go down the street to grab lunch with a friend while I was having visitors. My Dr was scheduled to come up at 1:00pm to check me and see how I was progressing. Now keep in mind NO ONE came and checked me from 8am-1pm. My Dr was not happy!!! My Dr came, and checked me- she looked at the nurse and said "Are you sure her bag did not rupture?" Apparently it was my water that broke at 1:30am!!! My Dr said there was a little sac left and she broke it, but that was it.....than she said okay, you are 10cm and can get ready to push!!!!!! Holy Crap!!! I was like I can not push yet, no one is here lol!! I immediately called DH to get back to the hospital, and called my BF who was 30 mins away and told her to get to the hospital. DH called his Mom....Than my Dr said she needed to let the epideral wear off a little bit and she would be back soon. At 1:45 she came back and got prepped, and although not painful I had a lot of pressure and I wanted to push so bad....Every one got to the hospital in time thankfully. At 2:00pm she told me it was time to push. I pushed 9 times and 19 minutes later, Gianna was born!!! It was the neatest thing. Then my Dr cleaned me up and stitched me up, apparently I had torn when she came up. My Dr said it was a 2nd degree. I have to tell you being sown up hurt more than pushing her out!!! But it was all worth it, my beautiful baby girl was here!!!!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment