Today I had my 2nd Dr. appt! Basically I just filled out a bunch of papers on the family history and talked to the Dr. for awhile, and then we did a pap exam. My Dr. wanted me to get the regular Flu shot today, and I was reluctant at first, because I have never had the flu shot before, but she said because I am pregnant and a teacher, she really wanted me to have it, so I agreed. My Dr. then surprised me and told me that since I agreed to have the flu shot, instead of giving me a lollypop after, she would give me a sonogram!! (The office was really slow, and she wanted to surprise me, because she does not do sonograms until 11 weeks, but knew we were telling the whole family on Saturday) So we went into the room, and as much as I would like to say I saw something, I did not see too much lol!! My Dr. had to point it out for me, and I did see a flicker, which was the heartbeat, but the baby itself looked like a dot lol! But then again I am only a little over 7 weeks pregnant!! But none the less, a nice surprise! At least now I know the baby is in the right spot :)
We briefly touched on the swine flu vaccine, and I expressed my concerns about getting it! She said we would revisit it in October when it comes out, but she really thinks I should get it, because I am a teacher and am in contact with kids all the time. I need to think about it some more. I am just weary about putting a vaccine in my body that just came out!! But I will think it over and make the decision when the time comes!
My next appt is September 29!! That is where I get to hear the heartbeat and see a better picture of the baby!! I can not wait!!
This weekend is the big reveal!! I can not wait to tell our families!!!!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
2nd Dr. Appt.....
Posted by Mel at 2:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Glad to hear the appt went well and lucky you for getting to do a sonogram so early. Can't wait to hear about the big reveal this weekend!!
Post a Comment